Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Marvel of Mother Nature......

It never ceases to amaze me how incredible nature is! Now, I can't take the credit for this idea as I have seen a lot of posts/articles about doing this already online - but I thought I'd share it - plus photographic evidence!
I use a lot of celery and Pak Choi, lettuce etc and I read about getting more greens from your stumps! I think at some point (probably in infant school!) we have all had a go at growing a pineapple top? Ring any bells?
Well, did you know you can do it with Romaine lettuce, celery and Pak Choi too? (There are also others including lemon grass).
All you need to do, is keep the base of your celery (or whatever you're using), pop it in a small amount of water for a few days (do change the water daily!) When you see signs of roots forming, pot it up in good quality compost (don't put it in full sun - you'll fry it!) and 'Voila'! Free celery, lettuce, lemon grass or Pak Choi!

And here is the evidence.............




No comments:

Post a Comment