Friday 9 May 2014

Tofu - love it or hate it....?

I used to loathe tofu. No matter what I did with it I just couldn't get on with it at all. Until I read what I was doing wrong! Seems I should have been pressing the water out of it and I wasn't - well, not properly anyway.

Now I love the stuff and can't get enough of it. Take last night for example. I marinated some tofu in Yakitori sauce (available from Tesco for those in the UK) with the intention of cooking it today...........Ha! It never even made the pan (or today, for that matter!) I thought. 'I'll just try a cube uncooked first'. And that was it! History - me and my other half sat and chomped it all washed down with white wine.........made a really nice nibble actually :-)

I have decided, having discovered this book, that I will have a go at making my own. I used to buy a firm tofu with basil in it from a health food shop and even when I was a tofu hater, I could tolerate that one. I've not seen it for years (though confess I haven't looked that hard either).

So now I am a woman on a mission :-) I'll keep you posted! 

This book looks awesome and I'm so looking forward to a new adventure.............

No comments:

Post a Comment